Master Black Belt Certification Programme
Become a Competent Person to Turn Challenges into Profit
Six Sigma, Lean and TOC (Theory of Constraints) are well recognized over the world as effective methodologies for rapid financial results. The SSI’s MBB course covers a comprehensive knowledge of these methodologies and aims to develop Master Black Belts (MBBs) who are competent to employ these tools and able to elevate organizational performance rapidly.
A qualified MBB who is usually in a senior position of an organization, should have knowledge and skills to provide advices to the senior management in achieving dramatic performance improvements, and producing a demonstrable return on investment. On top of providing business improvement solutions, the MBB is also a Six Sigma leader in the organization and act as trainer and coach to Black Belts and Green Belts within the organization.
Upon completion of the MBB program, participants should have acquired:
• Six Sigma deployment and management skills for success implementation and sustain the scheme in an organization.
• Training skills for conducting in-house Green Belt and Black Belt courses.
• Project coaching and Management skills to ensure project completion.
• Advanced lean and Six Sigma tools and capabilities useful in daily Lean and Six Sigma projects.
• Mentoring skills to achieve results, transfer knowledge more effectively.
• Ability to use SSI’s TOCLSS (Theory of Constraint + Lean + Six Sigma) (pronounce as TOP-CLASS approach for providing holistic improving strategies for rapid business results.
|1.TOCLSS (Theory of Constraints + Lean + Six Sigma) (4 days, 36 hours)||18 days||2-hours written examination and completion of a TOCLSS project|
|2.Advanced Six Sigma Tools (4 days, 30 hours)||2- hours written examination|
|3.Training for Trainers (Total 4 days, 1 training day, 6 hours and 3 days presentations)||Prepare 1 hour training material of assigned topic, and also assess other participants’ topic|
(Total 2 days:
1 training day, 7 hours;
1 day practical session to prepare coaching report, 6 hours)
|Submit written report of a coached project.|
|5. Six Sigma Management Leader (2 days, 12 hours)||1-hour written examination|
|6.Design for Six Sigma (2 days, 12 hours)||Completion of the optional DFSS project (this is not the MBB requirement, only the option for those who want DFSS qualification).|
Dr. YK Chan, Doctor of Engineering (Warwick), Doctor of Management (IMC/USC), Registered Professional Engineer, Registered Six Sigma Master Black Belt, Certified Six Sigma Black Belt Teacher, Registered Lean Specialist, Certified Theory of Constraints Supply Chain and Logistic Application Practitioner (including production process). 30 years of experience in both manufacturing and servicing industries. Led 47 Lean Sigma projects and trained over 1,500 Six Sigma professionals. Dr. Chan is a Visiting Professor of Beijing NormalUniversity(北京師範大學).
Dr. Gavin Chau, BSc, MSc, MBA, DBA, has over 15 years experience in manufacturing operations and quality management with various industries, including Semiconductor, Printed Circuit Board, Printed Circuit Board Assembly, Machinery and Automotive. He is a visiting professor of Tianjin University (天津大學)and visiting professor of Beijing Normal University (北京師範大學). In 2007, Dr Chau was selected as China’s 500 influential management consultant experts by China Enterprise Confederation. He has rich experience in Lean and Six Sigma and teaching these areas in many universities in HK and abroad.
Entry Requirements for MBB Training Course and Professional Registration
• Candidates selected by personal interview before attending the MBB Course
• Candidates should have completed Six Sigma Black Belt Certification Programme before attending Training for Trainers and Project Coaching modules.
• To be a Registered Six Sigma Master Black Belt, candidates must be a Registered Six Sigma Black Belt / Registered Lean Sigma Black Belt and completed all MBB modules and met all assignment and examination requirements.
Certification and Professional Registration
Participants who complete each module will receive a module certificate.
Participants who have 70% attendance or above, completed all modules for the MBB programme and met all assignment ad examination requirements will be awarded a Certificate of Master Black Belt in Six Sigma from SSI.
To be a Registered Six Sigma Master Black Belt use the title of RSSMBB after their names, candidates must be a Registered Six Sigma Black Belt / Registered Lean Sigma Black Belt and completed all MBB modules and met all assignment and examination requirements.
The course fee includes examination fee. Please contact us about course fee and DISCOUNT details.